Pryv makes essential software for data-driven healthcare innovation. Our purpose-built middleware helps organizations manage personal data from creation to use, sharing and disposal.
We are looking for a software engineer to complete our developers team in the Lausanne area. You will be part of the software engineering team, working on our private data management middleware Pryv.io.
The mission of the team is to develop Pryv.io, our web service solution, offering high value tools for private data management compliant with the most up to date standards such as GDPR, HIPAA or the Swiss DPA.
Our solution is packaged to facilitate its installation by our customers on premise. We maintain a comprehensive documentation to standardise this task. We keep our API documentation up-to-date on api.v2.pryv.com so our customers can easily integrate with or build their solutions on top of Pryv.io.
The team works in iterative sprints practicing code reviews, pair programing and continuous deployment. We value software maintainability striving to keep code simple, readable and written test-first.
We encourage initiatives improving the team’s output, exploring new technologies to implement features, simplify platform management, maintain our codebase, facilitate our software distribution.
Our team values challenging new and old design choices in order to implement the right solution to a well defined problem.
– Conceptualise architecture of new features; Write requirements, specification and designs that flesh out how to solve the difficulties involved.
– Implement chosen solutions.
– Refactor and update old code to new standards to simplify maintenance.
– Fix bugs and maintain the quality of our software.
– Display the product in technical demonstrations and other (technical) pre-sales activities.
– Participates in proof of concept work for our customers; leads implementation and ad-hoc design. Consults customer on best practices.
– 4th level support for assigned client accounts.
– Technical innovation, keeps up to date and brings new technology to the company that helps achieving our goals.
– Identify areas we must work on and lobby to get them onto the product roadmap.
– 3+ years experience in a similar position
– Functional programming
– Web service architecture
– Troubleshooting / Monitoring / Benchmarking
– Database architecture
– Documentation (api.v2.pryv.com)
– Oral and written communication – English mandatory, French is a plus
– Jenkins is a plus
– DNS and network routing knowledge is a plus
– Web frameworks knowledge is a plus
– Possibility of part-time remote work
– Autonomy over schedule
Pryv current technology stack
– Debian/Ubuntu, CentOS
– Docker, Ansible, Python
– MongoDB, Redis, InfluxDB, SQLite
– NodeJS, Rust
Apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org